Today is officially the first day of autumn! Happy Fall to all of you!! I adore this pretty season with its colorful leaves, trees full of fruit, harvest season, holidays like Halloween, St. Martin (I LOVE IT!!), Thanksgiving, etc. The other day I was thinking of a To-Do list for fall (I am continiously preparing all kinds of lists of things I plan to do…) and wanted to share it with you.
This year I want to:
- Cook a chestnut creamy soup (I was going to do it last year after trying it in a friend’s house, but I did not)
- Long bike rides with the family
- Knit a sleeveless vest for Stella (last year I made these very original scarves) – I already started to knit it …
- Finally it is cold enough to have lentil soup and other recipes with lentils and hot soups in general (during warm summer months gazpacho was the better choice)
- Do a walk in the woods and pick mushrooms or make some mushrooms cookies like those ones I am crazy about. Yvonne´s blog Fräulein Klein is fabulous!
- Eat mushrooms
- Tea time with the girls with candlelight, for example sipping tea by my new favorite brand pukka I bought in my usual organic store; Vanilla Chai with lots of cardamon and Licorice & Cinnamon are our favorite flavors at the moment
- Light the fireplace again and lots of candles
- Movie night at home with popcorn made in a pot
- Through leaves in a river and run after them during a whole afternoon and observe the beauty of the different forms and colors of leaves
- Make a rich orange and poppy pie from this book
What are your ideas and to dos for autumn??